Transferrin-Vivo 750 on the ASK
- Products and catalog numbers
- Using Transferrin-Vivo 750in vivo/ex vivo
- Using Transferrin-Vivo 750in vitro
Transferrin-Vivo™ 750 is a near infrared (NIR) targeted fluorescent imaging agent, where recombinant transferrin is conjugated to VivoTag dye, designed to bind to transferrin receptors (TfRs) expressed in cancer cells.Because of rapid cell division and stringent demand for iron (for heme synthesis), many cancer cell types overexpress TfRs. It has been used as a targeting agent for cancer cells. In addition, TfR accumulates in locals of inflammation due to the leakage of plasma proteins and to the expression of TfR receptors by inflammatory cells. During inflammation monocytes leave the blood and differentiate into macrophages at the extravascular tissues, macrophages express surface Tf receptors.
Products and catalog numbers
|Product||Catalog Number||Ex/Em wavelength (nm)||Molecular weight (g/mol)||Validated Experiments||Applications||Storage and Stability|
|Transferrin-Vivo 750||NEV10091||750 ex/770 em||106,000||In vivo/ex vivo|
|Technical Data Sheet|
Using Transferrin-Vivo 750 in vivo/ex vivo
|Route of Injection||Mouse Dose (25 g)||Rat Dose (250 g)||Blood t 1/2||Tissue t 1/2||Optimal imaging time||Optimal Re-injection Time (complete clearance)||Route of Metabolism/ background tissue||FMT & IVIS settings|
|IV||2 nmol||6-20 nmol||10 h||24 h||24 (6-24) h||96 h||Liver, kidney||FMT 750/770
Frozen Tissue Protocol
We have validated Transferrin-Vivo 750 for use with frozen tissue samples. Here is a brief protocol with a recommended concentration of agent to use:
- Freeze tumor (without agent) and section 5-10 µm by cryostat.
- Incubate with 10 µM Transferrin-Vivo 750 at RT for 1 hour.
- Wash 1x with PBS.
- Mount with anti-fade reagent.
- Fluorescence microscopy filter: Cy5.5 or Cy7*
Using Transferrin-Vivo 750 in vitro
Flow cytometry and in vitro microscopy
We have validated Transferrin-Vivo 750 for use with fluorescence microscopes and flow cytometers. Here is a brief protocol with a recommended concentration of agent to use:
- Culture cells in standard TC plate or chamber slide.
- Incubate cells with 1 µM Transferrin-Vivo 750 for 1 hour at 37 °C.
- Wash 1x with PBS. For flow cytometry, detach and resuspend cells in PBS.
- Flow cytometry filter settings: 712/21
Fluorescence micrsocopy filter: Cy5.5 or Cy7*
Please visit our Citations Library for references using Transferrin-Vivo 750 on the IVIS or on the FMT.